Raw Food Yoga Retreat crete
OF THE ISLANDS presents CRETE in a special collaboration with Pure Philosophy. A chance to disconnect and get in touch with pure island nature, cleanse the body with a week of delicious raw food made from organic locally grown produce. Detox your spirit with yoga, meditation and immersion in Crete lifestyle. Come back home lighter (literally and figuratively) with your sense of taste and your focus sharpened, energy renewed, desire for taking life on re-ignited!
7 days with instruction
Enjoy the outstanding natural beauty of Crete in spring. Spend a week in the most natural, full of beautiful wild flowers and positive energy environment in South Crete. In this raw vegan yoga and holistic therapies retreat, you will find your inner self; you will become rejuvenated, calmer, and healthier. You will even be able to see small snow caps on the top of Psiloritis mountain combined with the most breath taking view of the Cretan sea.
- Daily yoga classes
- Raw cooking classes
- Live like a Cretan for a day program
- Hiking and walking trips to the mountain
- Fresh organic local fruits for snacks
- 1 free Holistic massage therapy
- Healing Cretan herbal teas
- 7 nights accommodation
The maximum participants in the group is 12.
- Instruction language: English
- Spoken languages: German, Greek, English
The Alexena Apartments are five very comfortable holiday flats on the south slope of the coastal mountains, west of Agia Galini. The three one-storey buildings on a spacious property actually form a small villa facility. It includes a large swimming pool, a barbecue area, a small church, a botanical garden, and other community facilities. The separate apartment by the upper edge of the property has, in addition, its own private swimming pool.
- 08:00 Hatha or Astanga yoga session
- 09:30 Raw breakfast with fresh local juices and fruits
- 11:00 Hiking excursion in the Cretan mountains or raw cooking workshop
- 13:00 Raw vegan lunch
- 14:00 Free time or rest
- 17:00 Holistic therapies sessions with organic skin care
- 19:30 Herbal tea time and discussions
- 20:00 Dinner
- 21:00 Free time
You will have the chance to enjoy mindful hiking in the mountain of Psiloritis and join a Cretan night with the locals of a nearby village.
Paraskevi is the owner of holistic skin care and nutrition company based in Crete that promotes healthy and sustainable living. She loves nature and adventure and always willing to show you around new unknown places. She has studied Business and Management in The University of Maryland but found out that what she really likes doing is living a holistic and meaningful life. She will prepare all your raw meals for the retreat, since she is a certified holistic raw food chef with the most nutritious bio-local fresh fruits and vegetables.
Eleftheria will be your yoga instructor for the retreat. She is a certified yoga teacher and she teaches Hatha, Ashtanga, and meditation classes. Eleftheria has also studied Economics and Business in the Aristotle of Thessaloniki.
Vagelis is a certified reflexologist, a professional footballer, and a nature lover. He will guide you around the wild Cretan nature and he will give you the most relaxing and revitalizing holistic therapies during your stay in the Alexena Apartments.
Alexena Apartments is found on the old road from Rethymnon town to Agia Galini. A winding road leads to this lovely place with the stone houses and the breathtaking view.
- Rethymon town, 50 kilometers
- Heraklion,100 kilometers
- Chania town, 100 kilometers
- Cooking classes
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Yoga deck
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
You will be provided with raw meals with organic local fruits and vegetables daily, along with daily hot and cold Cretan mountain tea.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirements are served and/or catered for:
- Raw food
(If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation)
Enjoy two holistic full body massages with Cretan essential oils and Pure Strength OF THE ISLANDS Magnesium
- 2 holistic full body massage
- 7 nights accommodation
- A welcome basket with organic vegetables and fruits
- All daily raw meals with organic local fruits and vegetables
- Cretan night with the locals of a nearby village
- Daily hot and cold Cretan mountain tea
- Daily yoga practices
- Dinner in the village
- Greek raw vegan workshops
- Mindful hiking in the mountain of Psiloritis
- Night presentations and talks
- Pure olive oil soap making workshop
- Traditional Loom weaving workshop
- Transport to all activities and in all excursions
- Transportation from Heraklion International Airport (HER)
What's not included
- Additional activities, excursions, or services
- Car rental
How to get there
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Heraklion International Airport (HER).
For the guests flying from their home country to Heraklion, PURE PHILOSOPHY P.C. will arrange the transportation to the apartments and back to Heraklion airport on May 26, 2018. Approximately one hour and 45 minutes drive as long as they will arrive no later than 11:40 a.m. to Kazantzakis Heraklion airport.
For the guests who travel from their home town to Hania, they will have to take a taxi or a bus to Agia Galini, and PURE PHILOSOPHY P.C. will pick them up from there on May 19, 2018.
1,190 Euro per person in a shared Double Room (Shared apartment)
1,390 Euro per person in a private Single Room (Shared apartment)
Saturday May 19th, 2018 (Closed)
Saturday June 23rd, 2018